Tuesday, June 10

Last this, last that.

Life is extremely busy right now.
The Hopkins have officially left the country and will be in America this evening (your time). That is a truly strange feeling. These next few days I'll be trying to say goodbye to everyone. Turns out I know more people than I realized last week when I was attempting to plan out how this week would go. It's hard having to say goodbye over and over. Having to explain that I have no idea when I'll be able to come back to Romania and no clear idea what God is calling me to next. Sometimes I feel a certain expectation to know exactly where I am going, what I will end up doing, and how long it will be until I return. Only God knows.
One thing I have learned to do fairly well here, is to take it one day at a time. Focus on living the best you can in this day. And then when you rise the next morning, you can think about that one. But sometimes I still struggle with it. I want to say "this fall! I'll come back this fall!" or "next year! for sure next year!" but I can't. The way God weaves Romania into my life from here on out is truly up to his handiwork and I can only wait to see what that will look like.
So these past few days we've had some "wrapping it up" type things to do. Our last teen meeting all together was on Friday. On Saturday we went to Viscri with the Ludu family. On Sunday we had a big church picnic up on Vila Franka and I also went to church service in Tsigmadru for the last time. Yesterday I spent trying to prepare things for later in the week and also went up and helped the Hopkins out a bit. We had our last Monday night dinner and after that the Mailat's (the family I live above) came to say goodbye and send them off. Today I had elderly club, where they all were insistant on telling me I must come back as many times as I can before I go. And now I am off for my last trip to Tsigmadru where we'll have kids club and teens club. Tomorrow I have an equally full schedule, but mainly of going to see people.
I won't deny that the prospect of leaving all of this behind makes me really sad. I am trying to enjoy the time I have left, but having everything labeled "last" in my head is frustrating. I want to yell "no it's not!", but instead the truth remains and it really is.
I am so thankful for this year. I can't even put it into words. I am so blessed by so many people, I don't know if I will be able to express fully how much I care. And God is so faithful and real that it's overwhelming.
I don't know if this will be my last post from Romania. It very well could be because I really don't want to waste any more time on the computer. But if that's the case, I want to thank all of you profusely. Thank you for your support. Thanks for your prayers and comforting words. Of course, you will hear more from me. I will continue to write upon return.
Multumesc din suflet! (Thanks from the soul)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels - Mel, see you soon!

Tracy said...

It is hard to believe it is already time for you to come home, Mel. You have had an incredible year! Blessings on you as you say your final good byes and travel back home! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Tracy, Greg and boys

Anonymous said...

Enjoy every last minute while you are there. We look forward to your return!
Carl, Beth, Lia, and Lin